Before proceeding to the actual article “how to start a blog in India”, let’s see how the journey of blogging started.
History of Blog
A blog is a short form of Website blog. It was introduced in the year 1994. Back then people used it as a personal online diary or as a journal. They shared their daily life, their experience, and life stories through the blog. It got popular in no time.
After this, everyone started communicating and promoting their content in blogs. This is how this current concept of blogging came into existence. Today the number of blogs available on the internet is more than almost 600 million and counting.
What is a Blog?
As the name suggests, it’s an informational webpage which mostly, used to shows the contents in reverse chronological order. This means the latest blog appears on top of the list. A blog helps an individual or a group of writers expressing their views about their interests.
If you are 20yr (or) 60yr old the process will be easy for you. however, if you need any help our team will help you set up your blog for free. → Click Here to Get Your Free WordPress Blog Setup ←
What do you need to start a blog in India 2020?
There are three things you need to create a blog:
Domain Name (the name of your blog i.e Bloggeradvise.com)
Web Hosting (where your website files uploaded)
WordPress (create your blog without any coding knowledge )
In this tutorial, we will cover the following topics:
- How to Find the perfect niche
- Register A Domain Name And Purchase Hosting
- Give Your Blog A Design That Converts
- Setting Up SEO And Analytics For Your Blog
- Write Engaging Blog Content
- Mistakes To Avoid When Starting A New Blog Or Website
- FAQs On How To Start A Blog In 2020
Purpose of Blogging
Anyone can share their expertise, valuable experience, and lessons through the blogging platform. People can collect information or get inspired by other stories. For instance, before buying any product, we often look for customer reviews or we try to read first-hand travel experience of a particular destination. These things help us get the idea from a common man’s perspective. And blogs are proved to the very useful for gathering such information.
The blog allows people to bring their valuable content to the world. It provides a platform where you can express your views, share ideas, or inspire others by telling your story. It makes you visible and reachable from any part of the world. You get the global audience with similar interests and views
Blogs are a great way to communicate with a large number of people around the world at a time. It helps you connect with new people every day. If someone is using blogs to promote any affiliate product then it is a huge opportunity for the person. The wide network can turn out to be the game-changer.
Think of the above two points from a businessman’s point of view. How amazing is it to get a chance to connect with potential customers. Even if we do not consider the profit part, there is much more than that. Feedbacks and opinions of a huge number of people are very beneficial for any business. It helps in understanding the needs of the customer.
Blogs vs. Websites
We often wonder if blogs and websites are similar or not. It has become quite hard to differentiate in recent times. Companies tend to integrate both websites and blogs currently. This is why it gets confusing.
The main differences include the engagement of readers and updates. Blogs are never static and it keeps on updating the contents. They also have a comment section for readers. This allows readers to express their views or ask questions. So the reader engagement is available in blogs. On the contrary, websites are more static pages. They aren’t updated often and most of the time, it also doesn’t come with any comment section.
How one can differentiate only by looking?
Blogs often include the info about Author, publication date, tags, and categories whereas, websites don’t show any of these. Apart from this, the content of a website is unchanged. On the other hand, the blogs are likely to be updated every day, week, or month depending upon the topic.
Definition of blogging
Blogs have several forms. Experts noted down the difference between actual blogging and similar approaches like journalism. This process helped to define Blogging.
Blogging is a skill which is created with the expertise in content creation and supervising. The whole process includes writing, posting, promoting, sharing, etc.
How Blogging got popular?
Blogs aren’t only trending but their popularity is growing rapidly every passing day. Now let’s look at the reasons behind this. It’s like a source of income for one, source of information for another. A win-win thing for all.
- It has become the information source for the current tech-savvy generation.
- It allows brands to keep their customers updated and collect feedbacks.
- People get a chance to interact with other individuals and get their questions answered
- It allows you to earn money. You can run advertisements or get paid depending on the traffic.
- It assists companies to satisfy their customers and get more exposure.
- Personal blogs are a great way to interact with like-minded people or get a loyal fan base.
- Apart from monetizing your blog, you can also choose to earn by selling your product and services
Who is called a blogger?
The person who creates and manages the blog is called a blogger. they enrich the audience with their knowledge and opinions regarding various topics and interests.
Bloggers are the person or a team who share their lives with you. Their interests, experiences are published for you to read. You can say that they live on the internet.
Reasons for Blogging
Each of us lives a different life with a different perspective and our stories might be similar but never the same. This is the beauty of life. And to share your own story with the world, nothing seems better than writing a personal blog.
It should not always be about life either. For example, you may have had an amazing trekking experience. If you choose to share it, then a lot of people will get benefitted. They will get the necessary information and guidance from someone with firsthand experience. All these reasons make blogging a great tool for the current generation.
How to start a blog in India
Now as you gained basic knowledge about blogs, don’t you feel that you should give it a try?
You could have a story to tell or other interest to share. So if you are planning to start a blog then you are in the right place. In this article, you will get all the necessary details about how to start a blog in India by executing a step-by-step process.
Getting Started: Presumably, you are here because you have made up your mind to create your blog. So first, you need to find the best Niche. But before that, you need to know what is niche and why it plays the most significant role in blogging.
What is a niche?
Niche is used to refer to a specific topic. The niche is more like a subject of your blog. Every niche has a particular target audience. This helps to get more traffic in your blogs. Online sellers use niche categorical sell policy. This method is useful to deal with the competitive market.
Why niches is the pillar?
Niche is undoubtedly the most crucial factor for the journey towards How to start a blog and make money. Because whenever you choose to do anything, the first advice you get is to follow your passion. You have to find something that excites you. You need to have good knowledge and dedication towards that. Without this, you can’t sustain long enough to be successful. Neither you will be able to deliver quality content to beat your competitors.
Let’s be honest here. Dedication and passion are two very important qualities. But only these qualities aren’t enough. At the end of the day, your blog will be read by others, not you. So if you don’t write anything relevant or popular, there are chances that you won’t be able to get the traffic you desire. This leads to lesser or no profit from your blogs.
The best idea would be to choose a popular and profitable niche or category among your preferred choices. This will help you in both ways.
What’s the practical solution to it?
So the balance of passion and profit is the sweet spot you need to target. Don’t forget that you can do anything if you put your mind and effort into that. You can find your passion anywhere anytime and lose passion for things too. So don’t worry much about it. You need not go super hard on this. There is always a solution.
This is the information era we live in. You can collect information for free. As long as you have an active internet connection, you can gain knowledge on any given topic. So use this opportunity and research about the shortlisted niches. This will help you deliver better content through your blog.
Finding the perfect niche
Now as you know the importance of a good niche. It’s time to check the steps to find and validate your niche. Here is the list of few steps. You don’t need to follow it as it is. Read it carefully and understand the basic choosing factors. Improvise it accordingly.
Find your interest:
Blogging is a very fun process. When you start your journey, you do a lot of things. You choose a domain name and buy Webhosting, select themes, and design your blog. But the harsh truth is, after one month or two most of the bloggers lose interest. They often quit blogging eventually. This happens because they don’t find their true interests.
Firstly, be clear that you don’t need to be an expert on this. All ever needed is the growth and learn mentality. You will get to know about many things every other day. You have to have the skill of researching. But one thing is always to stay true to you. Notice if the niche making you excited. If not then start again and find something else.
Here is one easy way to determine your actual interests. Find a pen and paper and start writing the first 10 niches or blog ideas you can think of. Don’t think about profit or any other factor. Just write it down and then research them and follow the rest of the steps.
Research the market:
Now as you have the list of 10 potential niches for you, it’s time to compare the market value of them. You need to get an idea about the audience and the popularity of those niches.
For example, I am supposing that your first niche idea is trekking. Now you can visit Google Trends and search for trekking. You will find a graph of popularity. Check carefully if the graph is stable or not. Then check if it is rising or declining. A rising and stable graph would be your perfect choice.
Now you have niche ideas which have a larger audience which is rising too. So this type of niche will easily attract good traffic and generate profit for you.
Choose Target Specific Niche
When starting, make sure not to choose something very broad. Broader niches often come with a wide variety of subtopics. So always make sure to choose something specific. That will help you primarily with a more targeted audience.
For instance, suppose you have chosen the topic Trekking. Now search trekking in Google and you will find various searches related to trekking at the below of the page. Now consider those. You can find Trekking for beginners or trekking in Himalayas etc. You can choose from them.
Another great way to find a specific niche is to search for keywords. You will find keyword planners available on the web. A search of any niche and you will get the list of most searched topics related to that. Note them down and try to find something similar and relevant for better traffic and engagement.
Check The Profitability
You might have the aim to make a living from your blogs someday or just earning some extra bucks. In both cases, you need to follow certain steps to generate revenue from your blogs. You can run advertisements or join affiliate programs for this. Your approach and type of content decide the best possible way to earn.
For instance, if you are reviewing products then affiliate marketing is your best bet. Otherwise, the relevant and contemporary content with higher traffic will generate more money by running advertisements.
Make Yourself Better
All of the above points are just some tips and tools to support you. Remember the end of the day, the only thing that will create a difference in your article. So always try to improve your content. When you start delivering exceptional content, all these factors will start to become irrelevant.
Research more, learn more and with every passing day, your improvements will reflect in your writing.
This is the basic guidelines for choosing the perfect niche. We have discussed various factors behind it and listed a few steps you can follow to find the best niche for you. We hope you find it useful. We wish you all the best for your blogging journey.
Getting a Domain for Blog
A domain name is very crucial for your overall success. It is very complicated and full of hassle to change the domain name later on. It hurts the brand image as well the search ranking might get lower. This is why in this section, we will tell you how to choose the right domain for your blog. Before proceeding, let’s understand what a Domain name is and how important it is.
What is a Domain name?
The name of your website or blog is known as the domain name. This acts as an address that helps people find your website. Now don’t get confused between domain and hosting. They are completely different things altogether. You need both but they don’t come together.
- Domain names are unique. No two domain names can ever match.
- They must be registered to prevent plagiarism.
- Domain names come with many extensions such as .com or .net etc.
- They can be a combination of letters, numbers, or both.
Importance of a Domain
Each computer on the web has a unique Internet Protocol or IP address denoted with the combination of a series of numbers. But people can’t remember them easily. And so, the domains by assigning a memorable name are created to avoid such confusion. It is much easier to remember names rather than combinations of digits.
It does a lot more than the above-mentioned factor. A few of them are
- Adds Credibility: If you use free hosting for domain names or ISPs then you will end up with a generic website address. This will affect your credibility. On the other hand, you can invest some money and get yourself a private domain name. This will help your customers think that you are serious about your business and that’s why you are putting money on it. This positive and admirable mindset can turn out to be the game-changer for you.
- Conveys the Approach: Suppose you have put up a nice and catchy domain name. People will easily think that this person has good knowledge of the digital revolution. They will get a positive idea about you. This will also help you to beat your competitors.
- Attracts Traffic: A right domain name can increase the number of traffic significantly. For instance, if you create your website regarding trekking and name it Summit.Com then people will easily be attracted to your website. Any relevant name is a good way to get visible.
- Builds Brand Value: It helps to build brand value. For example, if your business and your website name match then people can easily find you. They can find your website and share it for reference. It certainly does a lot for your business. A good domain name can be very beneficial for you to build your reputation and get success.
How to choose a domain name?
Here are a few things you can consider before buying a good domain name to dominate the market.
- Go with .com extension: There are lots of new extensions are available and apart from the conventional .com, .org and .net, today you can find .photography or .blog kind of extensions. But the problem is, none of these new ones is as credible as the older ones.
Older people are generally not so tech-savvy. They tend to use .com every time they type a URL. For instance, you have a website named Trekking. The use will end up writing trekking.blog.com. I am not complaining but this is a fact and you should keep this in mind.
Another thing is every other phone comes with pre-written .com in the keyboards. So generally, it is the best idea to get a .com extension for your domain to avoid any of these issues
- Use Keywords: Getting the desired domain name isn’t very easy. They are often taken by someone else beforehand. To find another good domain name is also a very time-consuming process. This is a common issue faced by many people. We have a solution for this.
Go to a keyword scanner and put your desired domain name. You will see a lot of similar names. Find the most searched ones and use them instead of that preoccupied domain. This trick will help you get the best choice of domains as per search result. You can rank your website easily by following this particular method.
- Keep it short and simple: Think carefully about all the popular and leading websites’ names. The common thing is, they are short and simple, isn’t it! This helps them to stand out. We humans can’t remember really lengthy names. Longer names mean more words and ranking those long names is hard.
Keep the character count in 12-15 maximum. This will help to prevent all the typos. Otherwise, you might lose traffic due to lengthy domain names.
- Make it easier to spell: Always keep your domain name easier to write and spell. This is because you might need to speak and write about it very often. You may need to make an email address using the same domain name. In the case of a hard and complicated name, this unnecessary issue can be frustrating.
- Consider Brand Value: A small, catchy, and unique name is easier to remember. Don’t ever use someone else’s name or you might face copyright strikes. Find something new of your own.
A good example is amazon.com. They were primarily a bookselling website. Now think buybooks.com or amazon.com which one is easier to remember? They might not be similar or very relevant. But as long as it stays in the mind, it is good to go.
- No Hyphens: New bloggers often tend to use hyphen so that they can use preoccupied domains. But this is more harmful than good. Spam websites mostly have hyphenated domain names. So the overall credibility and reliability go into a stake.
Another factor is when someone misses the hyphen; chances are they get to the original website. The chances of error increase as well.
So the best choice would be to avoid hyphens.
- Research: Research about the domain name you chose. Simply a Google search will help you with collecting the necessary information. One more thing you can do is to search the name on social platforms. This will help you prevent all types of future confusion.
- Don’t waste much time: Follow all these steps but don’t take too much time for it. If you are unlucky then, that same domain name can be booked by someone else in the given time. So be quick to avoid such a situation.
- Register It: The smartest idea is to register your domain name. A lot of people are looking for suitable names from all over the world. Thousands of them are also being registered every day.
Note: Most of the Web hosting providers often offer the opportunity to register domains for free or discounted rates. Always utilize this extra given benefit.
Where to Buy Domains
Here we have listed few renowned domain name service providers based on their service and performance. You can check the price and then choose the best domain name purchasing platform which suits you.
- Some others including iPage, register.com, etc
This is all you need to know to choose a perfect domain name. Follow these steps accordingly. Go through the below sections to understand it more clearly.
Getting a Best WordPress Web Hosting
The WordPress hosting industry is mostly the US focused. At the same time, it is also a global phenomenon. Now when you live in India, it is quite normal that you won’t look for those US-based hosting service providers. Luckily you do have the option of choosing Hosts from India.
Things to look for when buying a Hosting Plan
- Reviews: Check for reviews on the web. There would be many local customers who have shared their experiences to help others. Look for them. Note the pros and cons. Check if this is suitable for you. If you think that, yes this is good to go only, then take the final decision.
You can also read the visitor’s review of WordPress sites. This will give you another perception from the visitor’s viewpoint. You will be able to understand the reasons how it has gained this much popularity.
- Traffic and Bandwidth:This might sound too technical for the beginners. See, you are not going to get thousands of visitors just after you start. So the number of allowed visitor’s from 10k to 25k would be perfect. You will start to grow with time.
There are few providers with no unmetered bandwidth too. Make sure to read and understand all the terms and conditions before buying a hosting plan. If you are still not able to understand, then seek help from the customer care representative.
- Free Services: Many of the hosting service providers offer a free domain name. But they are most used for a limited period. After the trial period, you need to pay for the domain separately. Again choose very carefully and don’t fall into the trap of freebies. So please purchase domain name form Godaddy or Namecheap
- Numbers of allowed sites: Basic hosting plans offer one domain or site in general. You can spend more and get a hosting plan with multiple or unlimited numbers of domains. It is beneficial for those who are planning to expand their business shortly.
- WordPress Compatibility: All the leading hosting providers will allow you to create conjugation with WordPress. Especially, the optimized hosting plans come with pre-installed WordPress. This allows users to start customizing just after their purchase.
Buy a best web hosting plan for the blog
If you are confused which one to go with, We have tested mostly all top hosting provides in the industry – Trust me and go for Wpxhosting (Free SSL, 3X website speed, custom CDN for free of cost)
Looking for budget hosting then go for Bluehost
All of the above listed hosting providers are offering min 30 days money-back guarantee, so you can cancel any time in 30 days & ask for your money back, no questions asked form hosting providers.
Here is how you can purchase a hosting plan
Here we are using Wpxhosting for reference. The process is almost similar in other websites as well
Got to Wpxhosting.com
Pick a plan and click on “GET STARTED” then choose click on “HOST IN US” button
In the next page please enter your domain name which is purchased before, then click on Continue.
The final step select monthly or yearly billing as per you continent (choose for year plan to save 4.16 dollars monthly ).
Then click on Continue button for payment
Choosing your payment mode, enter your contact information then processed to checkout & complete payment
That’s it you are done. Now you will be given a username & password then login to you Wpxhosting account.
Summary: In comparison, Wpxhosting and Bluehost both are the most preferred choice. They have 24/7 live customer care services as well. For some higher quality, you can choose the Wpxhosting service.
Here are 5 quick reasons why we recommend WordPress.
WordPress is one of the many available CMS or Content Management Systems in today’s market. WordPress is perhaps the most used among them. Over 75 million websites use WordPress to manage their content.
Blogging statistics for top blogging platforms in India
This is free to install a solution. You can opt-out for upgrades whenever you want to. You get access to a lot of layouts and plugins for free. It provides a nice and flexible experience for every user.
If you are looking for the solution on “How to start a blog with WordPress” then you must be aware of the things which make the blogging easier with WP.
- Increasing Popularity: Look at the current market share. You will be amazed to see that WordPress covers almost 60% of the market. Other competitors are struggling to reach 5%. This shows the immense popularity and monopoly it has got. Popularity comes with an increasing number of users. And people are using it because it provides unbeatable service.
So why I would go with something else when the whole world is relying upon it. We always recommend WordPress over anything else. For a beginner, you should always consider this first.
Other Content Management Systems are Joomla, Drupal, etc. You might try them too. But before anything else start with WordPress for a smooth and hassle-free experience.
- Open-sourced: This is a self-hosted system. So you don’t need to invest money to download, install, or upgrade. There are numbers of free plugins as well which includes SEO optimization, contact forms, social media buttons, and many more.
You get a free backup facility as well as restore program with it. Free video manuals are also offered. No hidden costs are associated with any of the facilities.
- Customizable: WordPress meets the demands of every type of user. Numerous frameworks and layouts are offered. Various layouts can be modified and created as per one’s personal preference.
Extensions are no longer limited. They are now user-generated. Websites and blogs are coupled with these extensions.
- Designed for Everyone: WordPress is not something only targeted towards developers. This management system is truly for everyone. You might not know to code but still, you can use it. It only takes a few clicks to get what you want.
People might doubt it’s professionalism. In reality, it is the most preferred choice of developers too. They can build their website with custom coding but they still use WordPress. It helps them saving time and they can customize it even better with the endless numbers of modifying options.
- Affordable: This provides a long list of features at a comparatively lesser price. Other competing management systems like Joomla or Drupal are more expensive than this. Another thing is when you need to hire a developer; you can easily find WordPress developers. There are plenty of them.
Here we have listed five of the many reasons why you should always go for WordPress. This was to provide you with the basic advantages. Technically, it does offer a lot more. We didn’t discuss that because this article is meant to read by non-experienced people. If you are starting your journey in blogging, you can go for WordPress’s eyes closed.
Customizing your blog website
WordPress is a great tool that allows you to customize your blog. You might think that the basic design of your blog or web page is kind of dull. Don’t worry about that, we will help you get personalized designs and layouts in steps.
You always have the flexibility to change the design and theme. There is no need to worry. It might not look perfect in the first attempt. Eventually, you will keep making changes to make it better. Let’s begin now.
Everyone has different choices. You may like clean designs or colorful layouts. That’s totally up to you. Here in WordPress, the themes are known as layouts. You get tons of pre-installed themes for your blog. They are arranged in numerical manners.
WordPress also gives you the option to search and install new themes. They have filters to help you search or you can download third party themes too. You get a lot of freedom choosing the perfect theme for your blog.
You can do a lot of customization in just a few clicks. This is certainly a huge advantage to have such a collection of themes to choose from. Most of the renowned bloggers like clean themes. You might like them too.
Plugins are like an extension for your blog or website. This is completely optional. You can complete all the operations without this. But these plugins certainly help you save your time.
There are a huge number of plugins available with a wide range of features. They include adding social media buttons, generating contact forms, etc. One particular Plugin named Jetpack is highly recommended. This comes with a lot of features but the most important one is, it shows you the number of traffic. It allows publishing on social media platforms etc.
When you post or publish a blog, a new web page or post url is created with current date and letters. This is very random and might not look that professional to some visitors.
To solve this problem, you have a permalink option. Open settings and discover the permalink section. Here you can choose from a list of permalink. They are based upon date, name, or other details, or you can just use some custom URL too.
There are some additional changes you can make too. They are not that necessary. WordPress provides you with the option to edit them as well. They include:-
- Adding custom logos
- Links and direct share options
- Changing text size and color
- Make blogs private
- And many more
These are various ways you can edit your blog and make it attractive and functioning at the same time. One thing to keep in mind that you can always change it. So doesn’t worry much about it. Start and improve slowly.
Optimization your Blog for SEO
Beginner bloggers usually don’t have much idea about SEO or other optimizations. Don’t worry! We have covered it in this quick guide about the optimizations. Let’s find out the necessary factors behind this
Blog optimization is the process of gaining more traffic. It depends on relevancy, engagement, and many other factors. You can rank your blog using this.
How does it help?
- It helps to target legit and quality traffic.
- This is an inbound and customer-centric approach.
- Doesn’t require any additional cost
- It helps you keep ahead in the competition
Tip: To optimize your blog post use Yoast or Rank Math SEO Plugin (We recommend Rank Math)
How To Optimize My Blog?
The best time for blog optimizing is the time of its creation. However, you can always come back and optimize it. This helps you improve your content over time. You have already learned the importance of SEO. It increases traffic consistently.
However, if you are going with the guide of How to start a blog with WordPress, then it would be a win-win situation. Because you will get easy features embedded in the WP panel to optimize your blog faster.
Here we will share the top tips for optimization. Even, we apply these techniques in our articles and generate millions of views only from search engine results. Let’s begin the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Process
Linking your Blog with Google Analytics Account
Before heading towards further blog optimization activities, you need to link your site with Google Analytics. It is essential because without linking both of the platforms, you can’t measure the success of your SEO activities.
In Google Analytics, you can see the results like, how many people are coming to your site every day, how many pages they are visiting, how much time they are spending there, and much more.
Planning and research with proper keyword
Most of the beginner bloggers don’t use keyword planners. They try to guess about the likes of audiences. This is where SEO experts and experienced bloggers beat the competition with the help of various keyword planners. Let’s understand how it helps.
Keyword planners are based on search engine data. It shows you the things people are searching for the most. So you can write relevant content on that topic and post it. This reduces your workload and helps you get a lot of traffic. So stop guessing and be smart to adopt these methods. Little planning and research with additional improvisation will provide you with various valuable niche ideas.
Finding Semantic Keywords
After you get ideas using the first step, you need to find semantic keywords and use them in your content. Semantic keywords can be collected easily. But first, you need to find a profitable yet low competitive keyword. Then search it in Google. Scroll down and under the related search menu, you will find the semantic keywords.
You need to incorporate these keywords into your content. Use as many as you can but don’t just stuff them. Search engines will easily detect unnecessary stuffing and reduce your ranking for this. This tip will certainly help you gaining traffic if followed properly.
Writing A Suitable Blog Meta Title
The meta title plays a vital role in search rankings. A decent title helps to make your blog more relevant. Users are motivated to click when they see it in the search results. You can use your focus keyword for the title of the blog. Apart from these, make it unique and catchy. This is because CTR or click-through rate is an important part of SEO.
Writing a nice and eye catchy headline is very important. One tested method is EMV or emotional marketing value. This uses powerful words to trigger the audience. Viral headlines are often the results of this EMV. You can collect ideas from them as well.
Adding Media Files
Adding media files helps in many cases. Certain topics need a media reference for better understanding. On the other hand, media files look more appealing than plain texts. So adding pictures or videos can be a really good option. However, if you want to upload videos then we recommend you to upload it through Youtube Links to minimize the server load.
check well before uploading images. You wouldn’t want to get a copyright strike on your article for unauthorized usage of any images. Many websites are providing free and no copyright images. You can download from there to avoid any type of issue. In case of travel blogs with your own clicked pictures, you don’t need to worry about all these factors.
Add a catchy Meta Description
A Meta description is a summary of the written article shown under the meta title in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). This provides a basic idea of the contents on the webpage. The relevancy and efficiency of the Meta description are debatable. However, we don’t see any hard using it properly.
It only contains 155 characters. Not words, mind it. Not only search engines but other social media platforms also use this for shared articles. It helps the users to get an idea about the content inside. Try to put information and the focus keyword in the Meta description section for better results. Always try to stay in the word limit and put the focus keyword earlier.
Make it more readable
Easier to read article gets faster indexing & higher ranks in search results. Screens are not the best place to read and people spend a very short time deciding to read or not. So you need to be very smart to keep people stick to your article.
Use shorter paragraphs and simple sentences. Use bullets and numbers for better understandability. Images also help a lot. Various available tools can be used to create a nice user-friendly easy to read articles. Grammarly, Hemingway these are some really helpful tools. You can use them for free. They will certainly enhance the quality of your article and make it more readable for everyone. Some SEO plugins come with readability checker too.
Using Tags And Categories
Proper usage of tags and categories can make your content look well organized. But these two things often create confusion among the beginners. Always remember, tags are like indexes and categories are the same as the table of contents. Use both of them accordingly to get a nice and clean article.
The purpose of Categories is to create a division of vital topics of your article. Whereas, Tags are the discussed topics in a blog post.
Make Comprehensive Posts
Search engines prefer article that covers the topic in detail. This is why the semantic keywords are so much useful for rankings. Your article becomes more informative and comprehensive with the inclusion of these keywords.
Use those keywords in headings and subheadings of your content. You can also make an image search of the focused keyword and use other suggested words for a more comprehensive article.
Optimize Older Posts
Many users make a serious mistake. They forget about an article after posting. This is not what you should repeat. Always make sure to promote, link, and track your older articles.
Optimize them regularly for improved rankings.
In this part of optimization, we have provided enough info to create a good SEO optimized article. As you are a beginner, you might face issues in understanding all the technical terms. We have tried to put it in the simplest way possible. Hopefully, this will help you to understand the basics of the website optimization process..
6 Mistakes To Avoid When Starting A New Blog Or Website
I’m sure, now you are ready to create and launch your first blog just after reading this article. But still, you need to know a few important things before the development process.
In a hurry, you might do some mistakes. So here we have listed a few common but blunders which a beginner blogger used to do.
Top 6 Mistakes you need to be aware before creating a blogging site
- Create a Responsive Website: In today’s market there are a variety of devices are available in various sizes. So you need to create your blog as much responsive as possible. If your website wouldn’t have a responsive layout, you might lose huge traffic to your blog.
- Use Fewer Codings: Try to keep your site as light as possible. Because the lines of coding directly affect the speed of your website. If you use fewer codings, it will take less time to open up the blog in front of a reader. Also, if the speed of your website would be better then it will be liked by users and the SEO robots as well.
- Stick with a limited number of topics: If you are planning to cover too many topics in your newly created blogs then hold on! Nothing would be better than sharing the relevant information by opting for a limited number of topics rather than messing it up. You can shortlist 5-10 number of similar topics and then start creating content for that.
- Don’t Ignore the Keywords: The ultimate goal of writing a piece of article is to get the reader’s attraction to your site. So stay focused on the shortlisted Keywords and try to use wherever possible. But don’t make the articles spammy by adding too many keywords in a single copy. Create an individual article by targeting a few numbers of relevant keywords
- Write Unique Articles: If you are thinking to leverage your site by copying the existing contents from the thirds party website then just forget it. Because the visitors always want to read something new rather a piece of duplicate information. Whereas SEO crawlers also look for the unique content to index in their system. So always write a 100% plagiarism free and unique content. Otherwise, you can also get penalized by the Indexer
- Start with a goal to make a brand: Since the beginning, you need to maintain a document to list down things like the color combination, font size, theme layout, graphics design, etc. And then follow the same guideline throughout your blog.
Frequently asked questions about blogging(FAQs)
Here is a list of the most commonly asked questions by beginner bloggers. You may have some questions in your mind. We hope to provide you with the answer and clear your doubts. Go through this section and refer to the mentioned segments for more details.
Can I create multiple domains on one hosting plan?
This option is dependent on the hosting plan you purchased. The beginners often start with the most affordable basic plans. These plans include only one domain per hosting. That means you can only make one domain or website for yourself.
If you want to expand your blogging or planning to start multiple blogs in various niches, then you might opt-out for upgrading. After you upgrade from a basic plan, you can now have unlimited or multiple numbers of domains based upon your chosen plan.
How to get more traffic?
See, there is no trick to attract traffic in your blog. We have already discussed various ways you can be visible and attract more visitors. Follow those steps. In short, you need to deliver exceptional content, promote that, and learn about SEO and ranking. You can share your content or interact with your readers for more exposure too.
Blogging requires patience. You have been seen the path. The rest is up to you. Most of the beginners lose interest and eventually quit blogging after a few weeks or months. But if you are willing to be successful here then you need to stay. Always remember, great things take time & nothing is built overnight. So keep working and success will certainly be yours.
Is it necessary to know to code for blogging?
There was a time when it was necessary to know to code to create a blog or website. Now you don’t need to know anything about coding but you can still land a great website with few clicks. Thanks to all the content management systems. It has become so easier for common users to have their self hosted WordPress websites and blogs.
The global phenomenon of WordPress is very much known to all. It allows building your website as per your choice. You can choose from thousands of layouts and designs. This flexible approach has given them a worldwide renouncement. You can refer to the WordPress section to learn more about it.
How to promote blogs on social platforms?
Promoting your blogs on social media is a quick and easy process. You can choose to do it from your blog itself with the help of social media plugins. The question is where you can promote your content? For this, you can create your own dedicated Facebook page, or you can choose to share from your profile on Twitter and Instagram. Always use proper hashtags for more reach. Facebook pages allow you to reach a greater number of people.
What most bloggers do is, create an email list of their readers. They sent daily or monthly updates with links in those mail addresses. This helps bloggers reach directly to a reader’s inbox.
I have monetary issues. How can I start blogging?
No worry! There is always a solution. You can start a blog even with zero investment. Only an internet connection is required. You may choose blogger.com or similar platform for free blogging. But then you don’t get .com extension for your blog. The extension is .blogspot.com for free users.
You can start with this free domain name and later on, you can always pay to get a dedicated domain name of your preference. So you don’t need to worry about monetary issues. If you can deliver good content then even the free blogs will also make money for you. However, blogs with paid domain look more professional and attract more serious potential visitors.
How to stand out your blog?
The first and foremost thing that will help your blog to stand out is the quality. You are the one person that is responsible for it. To deliver topmost quality content, you have to invest both time and effort. At the same time, you need to have patience too. The primary phase of the blogging journey isn’t very exciting. The audience is created with time. You need to focus on the content and promotions first.
Some other factors will help you gain more visitors. Those include a nice and catchy name of your blog and a nice and simple interface. Always find some unique yet simple name for your domain and use clean layouts in your blog. This is a proven method implemented by popular bloggers.
Is there any ideal number of words?
There are no such things as an ideal number of words. The number count depends on various parameters. The topic, the target audience, and the primary goal of the blog are some of them. So it is nearly impossible to predict such a number.
It could be between 100 to 10000 words. However, you have the choice of making it less boring and more engaging for readers. The best way to do that is by providing only the necessary information and split it into parts. You can also use bullets or numbers rather than long paragraphs. Think like a reader and write something you would like to read somewhere else. This will give you a much more clear idea of ideal writings.
How many times I should post per week?
Again it’s up to you only. We recommend posting more frequently in primary days. It will help you create a stake of articles. Make sure that a visitor finds at least some relevant articles to read on your blog. This will help you increase your credibility to the readers. When you have a decent number of articles posted, you can slow down and maintain a regular daily or weekly posting. This too will be dependent upon your niche. Some niches require frequent updates than the others.
Now here are few things to avoid in the stake up period. Don’t ever compromise with the quality of your content. Never forget to follow the rule of quality over quantity. It will create an actual difference in the future. This one advantage will help you stand out from the rest of the mediocrity.
Why is WordPress so famous among bloggers?
WordPress provides everything needed for blogging. This is also free to download, install, and host service. This has gained incredible popularity. Over 75 million users and 60% of the world’s total content management market is occupied by this. The competitors are way behind WordPress’s success. Refer to the WordPress section for more detailed information.
In short, this system gives you the flexibility of usage. That helps you get the customized and personalized website or blog of your own. The most brilliant part is, you can do a lot of things with the help of just a few clicks. WordPress has developed such a great interface that can’t be beaten by any rivals. And if you need any developer, there are plenty of WordPress developers you can hire to solve your issue.
What tools to use for blogging?
There are various tools to help you with blogging. These will help you enhance your content and rectifying mistakes. The list includes
- Keyword planners
- Grammarly for grammar-related help
- Hemingway editor for sentence construction
- Plagiarism checkers
- SEO tools etc.
All these tools will help you deliver the best content for your blog. Their detailed usages are discussed in the Content section. Refer to the above sections for more detailed information.
We have listed all the relevant questions related to How to start a blog in India. These questions are sorted after research from the web and provided answers. If you still have any questions kindly refer to the mentioned sections for more clarity.
Here we had provided you with a complete guide of DIY blogging. We hope that it would help a lot of young bloggers. If you still have any questions in your mind kindly let us know. We will be happy to clear your doubts.